This year Oxford Center for Dance celebrates its 36th anniversary, and even though Coronavirus halted dance classes for a couple of months, we are ready to continue the dream from one dancer that has become a reality for so many other dancers.
In addition to training students in the proper technique for Ballet, Tap and Jazz the curriculum has expanded to include Modern, Lyrical, Contemporary, Hip Hop, Musical Theater and Improvisation. Ms. Dina is assisted by a faculty of highly qualified teachers, with many years of experience.
Students can participate in a yearly recital, biennial Nutcracker and Winterfest performances and have opportunities to perform for students at local schools, nursing home residents and at community events like First Friday’s in Oxford and Herr’s Cruise Night in Nottingham.
1. Tuition is due the first week of each session or when paying monthly for the FIRST week of the month. Bills are not sent home unless tuition is late. A $10.00 late fee is assessed after the first week of non-payment.
2. The parent is financially responsible for all balances if a student quits for any reason. OCD must be notified if a student quits, otherwise charges will continue.
3. There will be a $25.00 charge for returned checks.
4. Arrive 10 minutes before class; otherwise, students will not be permitted to take the class.
5. OCD is not responsible for the care of students when not picked up immediately after class. Parents should arrive 5 minutes before the class is done.
6. No smoking whatsoever at OCD!
7. No gum chewing in classrooms!
8. Parent visitation is in JANUARY. You will be notified.
9. OCD is NOT responsible for lost or stolen items. Take dance bags into classrooms and label ALL belongings.
10. Children not attending classes must be supervised.
11. Students are NOT allowed to wait outside the building.
12. Confirmations on registration are NOT sent. Please call the studio if in question – 610-932-3267.
13. No one is permitted in classrooms when class is not in session. Parents must remain in the lobby area.
14. No horseplay or running around gym equipment
15. Students must notify teacher when injured, feeling faint or feeling ill.
16. Students and parents are expected to be polite to each other, instructors and office staff. Rude or aggressive behavior WILL NOT be tolerated and will result in dismissal from OCD without a refund.
17. Cell phones (texting or calling) are NOT allowed to be used in the classrooms.
Illnesses: Call the office before class
Make-up: Same level or lower level within the same month
Inclement Weather or Teacher Absence:
Makeup class on your own
No Credits – No Refunds – No Exceptions
OCD bases its schedule and finances on
students’ commitment; therefore, you will not receive credit.
OCD, Inc strives to offer teaching that is individual and hands-on. In the world of dance, it is appropriate for a member of the faculty to physically position a pupil in order for progress to be made in regard to technique. The School neither condones nor tolerates any touching of students by instructors that is harmful or professionally reckless. Before enrolling a student, please consider that it is School policy correct dancers with physical contact. If the student or parent/guardian is uncomfortable with this policy, you may wish to reconsider enrolling the student.
If a student is injured or slightly ill, the parent must submit a note and the student can observe the class. Otherwise, they will be sent to the office to contact their parents.
The safety and proper treatment of our dancers is our first priority. With this in mind, when an injury occurs we can recommend dance injury specialists. Feel free to stop by the office for referrals.
Attending classes on a regular basis is encouraged to achieve a higher level of progress. All students progress at a different rate; therefore, students may not be placed with their classmates.
Placement in levels is made with the dancer’s best interest in mind. A dancer is NOT always moved to the next level, in fact, it is normal in the dance field to repeat levels in order to achieve the proper technique.